At the current time, Bionic Pets' full limb prosthesis is designed ONLY for full front leg amputations, and only for canines. Unfortunately, we do not yet have a prosthetic design for missing hind limbs above the hock. If your pet is missing a hind limb, please inquire about a custom cart or a tarsal brace.
Bionic Pets' Full Limb Thermoformed Prosthesis is designed to aid in the relief of the weight-bearing leg. Since there is no residual limb to suspend a prosthetic, our full limb prosthesis is suspended off of the body to give added support. These full-limb prosthetics are great for providing support and alleviating pressure on the remaining limbs, and they will help minimize gait deviation and complications that can occur over time. Our full-limb prosthetics do not have joints, meaning they cannot bend as a normal leg would. That being said, your dog will not be able to run up and down stairs or jump on and off of furniture due to the device being a “peg leg” design. But, these prosthetics are fantastic for long walks and playtime outside. We will always guarantee fit, but cannot guarantee acceptance of the prosthetic and since each prosthetic is custom-made, we do not offer full refunds as they cannot be reused for another animal.
- Limb replacement is used to prevent further deformation and degeneration of existing joints
- Minimize gait deviations
- Maintain acts of daily living
- Increase exercise/activity level
- Provide means to participate in rehabilitation therapy
- Can be used for traumatic or congenital conditions resulting in amputation
- Improve your pet's quality of life
Our process is as follows:
1) You place an order directly from our website.
2) We send casting materials for you to take a mold of your pup's body. The tutorial is linked below for reference.
3) You'll mail the cast back to us for Derick to build the prosthetic. Our current turnaround time is about 7-14 business days after receiving the cast, but timelines are subject to change.
4) We'll mail the final product to you.
5) Follow up with any questions or concerns about the fit. From there we'll assess pictures and videos to see if any adjustments need to be made. If so, we'll send a return label to you.
*Casting kit included
Disclaimer: The customer understands that full refunds cannot be given if casting kits are sent and the animal is not a candidate for the product ordered. If you have concerns about your pet's candidacy please visit our candidacy page. If contacted, Bionic Pets can issue a refund minus the processing fee of $150. Devices are custom-made based on the cast provided, the pictures on this page are for reference. Once a device has begun fabrication, Bionic Pets reserves the right to evaluate refunds on a case-by-case basis depending on the amount of work already completed.
For our casting and fitting tutorials please visit our Youtube playlist here:
For our color options please follow this link: https://friddles.com/collections/friddles-coloring-paper